Our optician, Emanuele (Manny) Melilli, has over thirty years of professional experience in the optical industry. As a New York State Licensed Optician who is ABO certified, Manny has been practicing in Dutchess and Orange Counties as an Ophthalmic Dispenser. In order to keep up with the latest innovations in lens and frame designs, he regularly attends seminars and trade shows. Bringing to the local area the latest and most fashionable designs from all over the world, his continued enthusiasm for optical fashions and the latest lens designs makes Highland Ophthalmology the perfect office for all your eye care needs.
When selecting from a given season's broad range of frames, Manny takes into consideration the unmatched comfort provided by the latest developments in such details as thinner or thicker temples, flexible temples, along with ultra-light nose bridges.
Featured Designer and Fashion Frames
Highland Ophthalmology has a wide selection of frames at affordable prices.
- Anne Klein
- Ann Taylor
- Calvin Klein
- Cole Haan
- Draper James
- Ellen Tracy
- Jessica McClintock
- Joseph Aboud
- Michael Kors
- Nine West
- Sophia Loren
- Tommy Bahama
Contact lenses are available at Highland Ophthalmology to treat a wide variety of visual issues. Our team of specialists will provide the best contact lens options for your eye anatomy and vision prescription. Below are a few of the common eye conditions that can be corrected with custom contact lens applications:
- Myopia or nearsightedness
- Hyperopia or farsightedness
- Presbyopia or the need for reading glasses or bifocals
- Cosmetic alteration of eye color
Highland Ophthalmology is also able to offer specialty fitting of custom-made contact lenses for less common conditions, such as:
- Surgical aphakia
- Corneal surface disease
- Optical error remaining after refractive surgery
- Cosmetic and functional improvement after surgery or injury
Please mention your interest in contact lens wear when scheduling your appointment at Highland Ophthalmology.
Featured Designer Sunglasses and Sports Glasses
Highland Ophthalmology also carries sunglasses and sports glasses at affordable prices.
At Highland Ophthalmology, we offer a wide selection of lenses utilizing the most up-to-date technologies, including:
- Anti-reflective coatings to aid in nighttime driving
- The crisp optics of Trivex® lenses
- Light, thin, durable, and scratch-resistant lens materials
- Polarized lenses to reduce glare
- Progressive lenses that eliminate the line in bifocals
- Sport-specific eyewear
- Photochromatic (Transitions®) lenses that darken with UV light
- Computer specialty lenses to prevent Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS)
Highland Ophthalmology accepts Medicare and a range of insurance providers.